• 5 medium ears of corn or 1 lb frozen corn, thawed
• 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
• 1 each green bell pepper, chopped
• ¼ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
• ¼ cup sour cream
• 1 tbsp chili powder
• 2 limes, juiced
• ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco
• Salt and pepper to taste
Shuck the corn and break each ear in half. Cook in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes until tender but not soft. Immerse corn in the same ice bath until cool.
Remove corn from water and let drain. Use a chef's knife to cut the kernels off each ear. Add grape tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro and cheese. Mix sour cream, lime juice, and chili powder in a small bowl. Add to salad and toss gently to combine. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.