Yield: 4 portions
• 1/2 turkey breast, boneless, about 4 pounds
• Olive oil
• Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
• 12 slices bacon
• 4 ounces soft goat cheese
• 4 ounces prepared mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves
• 8 (1-inch) thick slices country white bread, toasted
• 2 tomatoes cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
• Boston Lettuce
Slice breast into ¼ inch slices. Season well with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Place the slices in a hot sauté pan and cook until golden brown and a crust has formed on both sides and turkey is cooked through. Reserve in a warm place.
Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels.
Mix together the goat cheese, mayonnaise, and sage in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mayonnaise among 4 slices of the bread and top each with 4 slices of turkey, 2 tomato slices, 3 slices of bacon, some of the lettuce, and top each with the remaining bread.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.