Peoria City Council approved setting limits to the the number of events at Expo Gardens.
This comes from concerns by surrounding neighborhoods on the increasing number of events that produce loud noise.
The limits include one outdoor concert per year that ends no later than 10PM and two quarter-scale tractor events per year.
Both the neighborhood association and the Expo Gardens board worked with the council to come to this agreement.
"We're eager to move forward in positive ways," said resident Janelle Martel. "We anticipate peacefully and more quietly, co-existing with our neighbors."
Expo Gardens Vice President Rob Murphy added, "Exposition Gardens Volunteer Board of Directors has worked very hard to truly be an integrated partner with the community, and we believe this legislation brought before you tonight continues to highlight that,"
This will not affect events at the HOI fair .
- No additional internal combustion motors or amplified events outside of enclosed buildings.
- All non-internal combustion motors or amplified events must take place within the boundary of the interior road system, with the exemption of:
a). A running event.
b). Parking in the area adjacent to Northmoor Road.
c). Use of the existing camp grounds for camping purposes.
- Outdoor events are limited to typical fairgrounds related activities and are limited to between 9:00AM and 9:00PM
- A berm must be constructed along the west property line adjacent to the camp grounds.
- Waiver to allow parking on an unpaved surface.
- Eliminate the Special Use application fee of $7,500.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.