are the perfect way to start off grilling season.
2 medium-large "natural" chicken breasts (about 1.25 pounds total)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of ½ a lime
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6 light Swiss cheese wedges (like Laughing Cow®)
2/3 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
8 whole wheat slider buns
8 slices red onion
8 slices tomato
1. Cut chicken breast in half by carefully running a knife through the middle, parallel to the counter, creating 4 long flat pieces. Next cut them down the middle again perpendicular to the counter, creating 8 square pieces.
2. Add chicken, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and garlic powder to a large zip-top bag. Mix well to evenly coat chicken and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
3. Turn grill on medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray if desired. Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side.
4. In a small bowl, combine cheese wedges, jalapeno and cumin. Mix well.
5. Spread cheese mixture on half of slider bun, top with chicken onion and tomato.
Per 1 slider
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 365 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 25 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 19 g
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.