· 1¼ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
· 2 cloves of garlic, minced
· 1 14 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
· 1 cup of heavy cream
· ½ a pound of penne pasta, or any bite-sized shape pasta, uncooked
· 2 cups of freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
· Salt and pepper
1. Start by cutting chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Season with ½ a teaspoon of kosher salt and a few turns of pepper.
2. Brown chicken in olive oil over medium high heat.
3. It does not need to be cooked through at this point, it will continue cooking as it simmers.
4. Once chicken is browned, add minced garlic and saute for about one minute.
5. Add chicken broth, cream, and uncooked pasta to pan and stir.
6. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
7. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
8. Remove from heat and stir in shredded parmesan cheese.
9. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.