A Peoria County coroner's jury ruled Thursday the death of a Peorian, who inhaled anhydrous ammonia last year, accidental. The jury ruled Anthony Tiemann died of a brain injury caused by a lack of oxygen due to chemical burns from inhaling the deadly chemical from a ruptured tank. Tiemann also had bacterial pneumonia and acute chronic respiratory failure. Authorities say Tiemann was taking two tanks north on Route 40 near Edelstein December 5th when the tanks swerved back and forth and the driver lost control. One of the tanks exploded while the second one leaked. Tiemann crawled out into a cloud of the deadly gas and was pulled to safety by a citizen and state trooper. Tiemann died about two months after the accident.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.