74°F
Sponsored by

WomensShowBooth285x85.jpg

'French Fry' Fire Displaces Apartment Residents

Fire crews were called to 1919 Tracy Drive around 1:30 a.m. Thursday for smoke coming from a second floor apartment.
BLOOMINGTON - Smoke damage knocks some Bloomington residents out of their apartments for a while.

Fire crews were called to 1919 Tracy Drive around 1:30 a.m. Thursday for smoke coming from a second floor apartment.

They had to break the windows to ventilate the building. Officials believe the fire started from oil left unattended for french fries. They say the damage could have been a lot less damaging, if residents hadn't left the fire doors open throughout the building.

“People don't like those doors because it's an inconvenience and they keep propping the darn things open, and that's what causes the smoke damage in the apartments,” said deputy chief Les Siron.

A resident of that apartment was transported to OSF-St. Joseph with minor burns. No one else was injured.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus