PEORIA - A dryer fire causes an evacuation of the Peoria Riverplex this morning.
Emergency crews arrived on the scene shortly before ten this morning.
The smell of smoke was found inside and outside of the building.
Crews located the source of the smoke in a small dryer fire in the storage room on the second floor.
The fire was quickly put out and there were no injuries.
"OSF, as a precautionary measure, cancelled some of their cardiac rehab programming for the afternoon. Otherwise the Riverplex didn't miss any programming and everything is back to normal," Matt Freeman, Riverplex Supervisor.
Damage is estimated at $700.