51°F
Sponsored by

WMBD News

Fire Destroys House in Rural Princeville

The house is considered a total loss.
PRINCEVILLE - A fire destroys a two story house in rural Princeville Friday evening.

Fire units from Akron-Princeville, Wyoming, Dunlap, and Chillicothe volunteer fire departments were called to 17118 N. Rice Rd. around 4 PM this afternoon.

Due to high winds and the age of the structure, the flames destroyed the home in about 15 minutes and is considered a total loss.

One man was inside the house at the time and escaped with minor injuries.

Akron-Princeville Fire Chief Jeff Troutman says the only thing they could do is let the fire burn itself out.

"It's burned down in to the basement," he said. "It is still smoking a lot, but there is still a lot of flame in to the basement. We're just going to let it burn itself out. That is all we can do right now."

The resident believes that the fire started from a knocked down space heater.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Gas Prices

Station Address [[fuelTypeSearched]] Price Updated
[[gas.StationName]] [[gas.Address]] [[gas.RegularPrice | currency]] [[gas.MidPrice | currency]] [[gas.PremiumPrice | currency]] [[gas.DieselPrice | currency]] [[gas.LastUpdated]]