74°F
Sponsored by

WomensShowBooth285x85.jpg

Obama Administration Rejected WWII Request-Daily Caller

Obama Administration Rejected WWII Request-Daily Caller
As the government shutdown went into its second day, a report Wednesday in the Daily Caller says the Obama administration and Department of Interior rejected a request from Rep. Steven Palazzo's office to have World War Two veterans visit the memorial in Washington, which had been shut down by the government shutdown. The Mississippi Republican lawmaker told the Daily Caller he  helped the veterans, who were there as part of a honor flight program, pass through the barricades of the closed memorial. In a statement, Palazzo said he is introducing legislation to ensure all honor flights are granted access to the WWII memorial this week. Meantime, late Wednesday the Republican National Committee said it would pay to keep the World War II memorial open for 30 days while the shutdown continues.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus