Keeping up with doctors appointments can seem like a full time job – especially as we age.
The need for regular medical testing increases along with the number of candles on our birthday cake.
Healthline.com lists why those tests are so vital:
- You should have your blood pressure checked at least once a year.
- High blood pressure, or hypertension, is known as the silent killer because symptoms often don’t show up until it’s too late.
- Starting at age 50, you should get a colonoscopy every ten years.
- The test checks for polyps that are tested for cancer.
- After age 65 – you should get a bone density scan. This can determine whether you have osteoperosis which can affect men and women, but is more common in women.
Finally – you should see your dermatologist once a year for a full body skin exam. Catching skin cancer in its early stages can save your life. There are several other tests you should be getting regularly.