PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A local artist with worldwide notoriety is looking for help to enhance his latest sculpture.
Preston Jackson has been working on the piece. It’s a bust of C.T. Vivian, who was a civil rights movement leader and friend of Martin Luther King Jr.
A collective group, Committee On Recognizing Achievements (C.O.R.A.) is a nonprofit organization in Peoria that recognizes community leaders for achievements through arts, entertainment, civil rights, etc.
With the last copy of the piece, Jackson says he needs help to get it cast in bronze. C.O.R.A. can help with the costs. Donations to C.O.R.A. can be made by calling (309) 264-4570.
- Peoria Company Ready to Give Cross Country Runners Closure with Championship Races
- District 87 announced the passing of retired swim coach
- Art Inc. host Dia De Los Muertos fundraising event
- One Dead after go-cart semi accident
- Peoria’s CJ Elger Makes it To World Series