SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — Deer, winter weather, and distracted driving are a few concerns for the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) ahead of a high travel season.
“Don’t veer for deer” and “winter weather, get it together” are two slogans IDOT is hoping drivers hone in on before getting behind the wheel.
Paul Wappel, a public information officer with IDOT said Wednesday, “I just want to remind people to buckle up. Always wear a seat belt. It’s the law. It’s your best defense. If you are in a crash again, have an extra charger with you for your cellphone and be patient, and a great resource to getting out and about 24/7 is gettingaroundillinois.com. It’ll tell you road conditions 24/7 throughout the state of Illinois.”
- Newsfeed Now: Dead cat left in parking lot of Chinese American butcher’s shop; Ballet student goes viral on TikTok
- Live: Capitol Police chief testifies before Congress amid scrutiny over riot security failings
- Amid pandemic, flu all but disappears in US
- CIProud Workday | 2/25/21
- Coaching during the pandemic | Gideon Akande