EAST PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — With doors temporarily closed, East Peoria’s Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino is determined to give back to its community, and the business’ parent company, Boyd Gaming, encourages charitable support.
The Wreaths of Hope campaign is a voting contest, which aims to encourage local nonprofit organizations. The five wreaths to choose from are Camp Big Sky, Neighborhood House, Peoria Promise, Wildlife Prairie Park, and Heller Center.
The first-place winner will receive $2,000. The remaining funds will be divvied up between the remaining organizations.
Votes can be cast daily until Dec. 20.
- Bronzeville to Harlem: An American Story comes to Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- Local business vandalized Wednesday morning
- Trump arrives home in Florida, presidency ends
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author