PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — National Adoption Day efforts awareness of the more than 120,000 children waiting to be adopted from foster care in the United States according to Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
In the Greater Peoria Area, the Children’s Home nonprofit works to give children a childhood and future by protecting them, teaching them and healing them, and by building strong communities and loving families.
Children’s Home has been caring for the children in our community for 150 years. Operating from six locations in the Peoria area, its staff of 400+ professionals are committed to community-based, family-focused programs that provide counseling, education and support to more than 1,700 children and families each month.
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Local businesses grateful to move back to Tier 2 Mitigation
- Bears defensive end Mario Edwards suspended two games by the NFL
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate