3 medium Gala apples, tops and bottoms removed
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon chilled butter, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out the apple core along with some of the apple until there is about 1/2 inch apple left around the edges. Place apples in baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add in diced butter and mix with a fork until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is pea sized. Divide mixture evenly among apples and fill apple hole.
5. Bake apples for 35 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned and the apples have soften.
6. Allow to cool before serving.
Per 1 apple Serving
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 30 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 15 g