PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Public Library had a busy first day of limited curbside pickups at its Main Library, Lakeview, and North Branch Wednesday.
Library patrons are now able to call and place hold orders from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Library patrons can also place holds online at any time.
Peoria Public Library’s Manager of Public Relations Jennifer Davis the libraries had a very busy morning.
“We were very busy,” Davis said. “We had at least a dozen calls come into North Branch within 5 minutes of turning the phone on.”
Up to five items can be requested at a time. Peoria Public Library Executive Director Randall Yelverton said the library is happy to help.
“We know people are eager to get physical books in their hands, and we are happy to provide that,” Yelverton said.
Library staff is practicing safe social distancing and wearing masks while giving patrons requested items.
Bloomington Public Library also announced it will begin its curbside pickups Tuesday, May 12. More information is available on the Bloomington Public Library’s website.
- Kurt’s Korner for June 4, 2020: two quick hitters (really quick)
- OSF HealthCare R.N. under fire, people saying she made an insensitive comment on Facebook
- No new reported cases of coronavirus connected to parties at Lake of the Ozarks
- New Four-Team College Baseball League Coming to Normal
- Peoria Police have made an arrest in Wednesday night stabbing