PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Public Library had a busy first day of limited curbside pickups at its Main Library, Lakeview, and North Branch Wednesday.
Library patrons are now able to call and place hold orders from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Library patrons can also place holds online at any time.
Peoria Public Library’s Manager of Public Relations Jennifer Davis the libraries had a very busy morning.
“We were very busy,” Davis said. “We had at least a dozen calls come into North Branch within 5 minutes of turning the phone on.”
Up to five items can be requested at a time. Peoria Public Library Executive Director Randall Yelverton said the library is happy to help.
“We know people are eager to get physical books in their hands, and we are happy to provide that,” Yelverton said.
Library staff is practicing safe social distancing and wearing masks while giving patrons requested items.
Bloomington Public Library also announced it will begin its curbside pickups Tuesday, May 12. More information is available on the Bloomington Public Library’s website.
- High School Sectional and Regional Previews
- UnityPoint Health receives national recognition for hospital quality
- “Nitro was the best partner in the world”: Bartonville Police announce the passing of K-9
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
- Holding Out For Spring Football Worth the Wait for ISU’s Brady Davis