Cinnamon Apple Bread
All you need for apples:
- 2 Granny Smith apples (diced, do not peel)
- 1/2 juiced lemon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Bread ingredients:
- 6 tbsp Earth Balance margarine
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp stevia
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp water
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 2/3 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- skim milk
All you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon (and walnuts if desired). Set aside.
2. Mix Flaxseed and water in small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in separate, large bowl, whip margarine, sugar and stevia together.
4. Once sugar is incorporated, add flaxseed/water and mix until well combined.
5. Add white flour, wheat flour, baking powder and applesauce to wet mixture and mix until just combined. If batter is too thick, add 1/4 cup skim milk.
6. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray. Add half of batter to pan. Place half of cinnamon apple mixture on top of batter. Repeat with batter layer, and top with rest of apples.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.