Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
All you need:
- 5 large bell peppers
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 15 oz. can black beans, no salt added
- 1 cup can corn, no salt added
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Optional additions: chipotle, tomatoes, cilantro, green chilies, garlic powder, hemp hearts
- Toppings of choice: guacamole (yum!), salsa, hot sauce, cheese etc.
All you do:
- Cook quinoa according to package directions with 1 1/2 cups water/broth.
- Meanwhile, halve bell peppers and remove stems, seeds and ribs.
- Rinse and drain black beans, thaw corn, and slice green onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa and all other ingredients except bell peppers. Stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9x13" baking dish, place pepper halves, and generously stuff them with the quinoa filling. Lightly press down to compact and fill all the crevices.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 10 minutes more.
- Serve with any desired toppings.