WASHBURN Ill.- An 18-year-old man was killed after crashing into a semi in Woodford County Tuesday afternoon.
The Woodford County Coroner, Tim Ruestman, said the crash happened near Washburn around 2:55 p.m. The coroner said the man was driving eastbound on County Road 2100 North, when he crossed into the other path, hitting a semi driving north on Illinois Route 89.
Ruestman said The 18-year-old from Brimfield, was pronounced dead at the scene and the driver of the semi was life-flighted to a local hospital. The semi driver’s condition is unknown as of Tuesday night.
An autopsy is scheduled for sometime Wednesday.
- Gas prices fall slightly in Peoria, but still above $3 per gallon
- CI Hero: Peoria man rescues baby from burning car
- Newsfeed Now: Jury deliberations set to start in Chauvin trial; NASA launches helicopter over surface of Mars
- McLean County reporting 212 new cases of COVID-19, 106,022 total doses of vaccine administered
- 2 killed in fiery Tesla crash without anyone in the driver’s seat