UPDATE (4:22 P.M.) — A man was killed Monday night after eight rounds were reportedly fired.
After being transported to OSF St. Francis Medical Center, 33-year-old Robert Gilliam Jr. was pronounced brain-dead at 1:50 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 3, according to a press release from the coroner’s office.
The incident is still under investigation and those with information are encouraged to call the Peoria Police at 309-673-4521 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at 309-673-9000.
PEORIA Ill.- A man is fighting for his life after a shooting in Peoria Monday night.
According to Public Information Officer Amy Dotson, around 9:28 p.m. two separate ShotSpotter alerts came in near the 2800 and 2900 block of N. Knoxville. Both alerts indicated eight rounds fired.
Police say a caller told dispatch that a yellow car went off the road in the area after shots were fired.
Investigators found a yellow car in the front yard area of a business in the 2700 block of N. Knoxville. In an update, Dotson said police found a man with a probable gunshot wound inside the car. The man was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after receiving emergency care at the scene.
During the investigation, the Peoria Police Department had both northbound and southbound lanes of Knoxville closed down due to a shooting.
Anyone with any information about this incident is encouraged to contact Peoria Police or Crime Stoppers.
- Shootin’ the Breeze with Your Local Weather Authority Episode 3 Reference Page
- Parents, community members raise money to install water bottle filling stations in Peoria Public Schools
- Maple Syrup season is here: Camp Wokanda starts the bottling process
- Peorians enjoy warm weather, sunshine on Grandview Drive
- Peoria Riverfront Museum reopens since closing in March, highlights new installation from Preston Jackson