PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD)– Financial concerns continue to burden both renters and property owners as the COVID-19 pandemic lingers.
Apartment Guide, a company that connects renters with ideal apartments, advises renters to check your lease for guidance on payments, or payment plans, then set up a time to talk to your landlord about your extenuating circumstances.
“Be willing to compromise, because they’re going to make concessions to you, so you might need to make certain concessions to them,” said Apartment Guide’s managing editor, Brian Carberry. “Work something out that’s going to benefit both of you, because you don’t want to come back and have this conversation a month later.”
Apartment Guide’s own poll of 1,000 renters showed 40% of them are worried about how to make that payment.
“We’re actually seeing that since April, the number of people that have been able to pay their rent each month has gone up,” said Carberry. “More people paid their rent in May than in April. In June, we’re pacing to make their rent in May.”
More about Apartment Guide
Apartment Guide is a member of the RentPath family, which is home to a number of sister-brands. LiveLovely.com is a real-time rental marketplace that features the largest selection of available rentals, while Rent.com is dedicated to giving renters a free and convenient way to find the perfect place to live. Looking to rent a house? Rentals.com offers a quick and easy way to find the best fit for your family.
- Community members rally outside of Peoria County Courthouse, opposing proposed budget cuts to auditor’s office
- Peoria Public School Board approves alternative school program for K-4th students, hoping to address learning loss
- Mackey Continues NCHS Legacy Of Successful Quarterbacks
- Peoria PlayHouse Museum’s Be Anything! program set for this weekend
- Family pleads with Carle Hospital to keep young, unvaccinated mother on life support