Cigarette causes early morning apartment fire

Trewyn Shooting_-3947005530672641635

PEORIA, Ill.– Peoria Fire and Rescue rescued a family of three from Trewyn Apartments Saturday morning.

At approximately 4:30 a.m., responders were dispatched to 2702 W. Trewyn Apt. 206 for a structure fire. Upon arrival, crews found the fire was isolated to clothes and a mattress.

While no injuries were reported, the tenant and two small children were transported to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center for precautionary reasons.

The fire was caused by lighting a cigarette near the clothes.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Trending Stories

Latest Local News

More Local News