MORTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Morton Unit School District 709 stated that 12 students are currently absent with COVID-19 according to their weekly update.
10 of the 12 positive cases are from Morton High school, and the other two are from Lettie Brown Elementary School.
84 students and 13 staff members are currently quarantining due to being in close contact with one or more of those who tested positive.
The update stated that many of the positives occurred prior to the start of the school year.
Morton schools states that they continue to work with the Tazewell County health department regarding COVID-19 cases and protocols.
Parents with questions and concerns are encouraged to contact their schools principals.
- Fulton County man held on $1 million bond after allegedly strangling woman
- NXIVM sex cult founder Keith Raniere sentenced to 120 years in prison
- Normal’s Marcfirst talks Down Syndrome Awareness, services provided to central Illinoisans
- IDPH, Pritzker moves basketball to high risk, putting prep season In doubt
- Local financial planner says pandemic is affecting quarterly earnings for companies like Caterpillar