SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — A Peoria County woman in her 50’s is one of 18 new deaths being reported across Illinois from COVID-19 Monday.
The Illinois Department of Public Health says there are 1,231 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in the state. The preliminary statewide seven-day positivity rate from testing is 3.8% from July 20-26. As of Sunday night, 1,417 people were hospitalized in Illinois with COVID-19. 350 patients were in the ICU and 124 on ventilators.
The other deaths reported were in Cook, DuPage and Winnebago County.
- Three more area restaurants close due to COVID-19
- Greater Peoria to host Gather Around Justice: Criminal Justice Reform
- Tri-County COVID-19 update reports one new death, 87 new cases in Peoria
- Pres. Trump to hold Monday briefing
- U of I: Mandatory COVID-19 testing for on-campus students and staff