SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — A Peoria County woman in her 50’s is one of 18 new deaths being reported across Illinois from COVID-19 Monday.
The Illinois Department of Public Health says there are 1,231 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in the state. The preliminary statewide seven-day positivity rate from testing is 3.8% from July 20-26. As of Sunday night, 1,417 people were hospitalized in Illinois with COVID-19. 350 patients were in the ICU and 124 on ventilators.
The other deaths reported were in Cook, DuPage and Winnebago County.
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate in U.S. history to surpass 80 million votes
- Mysterious Utah Monolith disappears
- Man attacking ex-girlfriend in South Pasadena home beaten, stabbed to death by victim’s mother and sister: LASD
- Illinois EPA remakes curriculum for virtual use
- Legal group to help Illinoisans clear marijuana convictions