BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — On Wednesday, the McLean County Health Department reported 122 new cases of coronavirus as well as another COVID-related death in the area.
The victim was a man in his 60s. He was not associated with a long-term care facility.
The report showed 1,516 people are isolating at home and 22 people are hospitalized due to COVID-19. Local hospitals reported 72% of ICU beds in use and 22% of total beds available. They also reported 20% of beds currently in use are for COVID-19 patients.
The county reported 5,424 people have been released from isolation and are considered recovered.
More than 122,300 tests resulted in a cumulative positivity rate of 5.7% The rolling 7-day positivity rate is 14.9% through Tuesday.
Collectively, the county reported a total of 7,008 confirmed and probable cases with 46 deaths.
- Minimum wage shot down from American Rescue Plan as ‘vote-a-rama’ is in full swing
- Chef Mark sautés tasty mushroom sauce to accent open-face beef tenderloin sandwich
- Man charged with killing mother and children found dead in St. Louis
- Can I finally see my grandchildren? Vaccinated Americans wait for advice
- Breast milk of vaccinated mothers may protect babies from COVID-19, study suggests