BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — On Thursday, the McLean County Health Department reported 166 new cases of coronavirus and one more COVID-related death in the area.
The victim was a man in his 80s. He was associated with a long-term care facility.
The county reported 1,535 people are isolating at home and 17 McLean County residents are hospitalized due to COVID-19.
Health Department Administrator Jessica McKnight said the number does not represent everyone currently hospitalized for COVID-19 or for other treatments. She said local hospitals provide care for people living outside the county as well, saying they are reporting 75% of ICU beds in use and 79% of total beds in use.
The county reported 5,575 people have been released from isolation and are considered recovered.
More than 124,300 tests resulted in a cumulative positivity rate of 5.8% The rolling 7-day positivity rate is 11.3% through Wednesday.
Collectively, the county reported a total of 7,174 probable and confirmed cases with 47 deaths.
- Nolan’s Buzzer-Beater Lifts Bradley, Ohio State Rolls Past ISU in Opener
- Peoria’s Miller Shines with 28 in Illini Debut, Illinois Easily Wins Opener
- BU Women Shoot Past Kansas City
- Biden transition team ‘encouraged by progress’
- Change of plans: Families adjust Thanksgiving traditions during pandemic