SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 8,009 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus including 133 additional deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 963,389 cases, including 16,490 deaths.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 99,426 specimens for a total 13,277,443.
As of last night, 4,093 in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 837 patients were in the ICU and 496 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Dec. 24 – 30 is 7.7%.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Dec. 24 – Dec. 30is 9.0%.
- LIVE: Trump lands in Florida ahead of Biden inauguration
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- Texas man threatened to shoot his children as ‘traitors’ if they turned him in over Capitol riots, documents say
- 3 title game quarterbacks have similar draft history
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021