SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 975 new COVID-19 cases Saturday.
The statewide total of reported cases is now at 126,890. Additionally, 72 more people have died from the virus; this brings the total to 5,864.
A total of 1,022,074 tests have been performed. Gov. J.B. Pritzker came to Peoria on Friday and announced the state surpassed 1 million tests.
The recovery rate remains at 92% for the state, according to the IDPH.
- Local health department leaders say COVID-19 cases could increase after Fourth of July celebrations
- Kurt’s Korner for July 7, 2020: trick shots in a parking garage
- Morton School Board using parent input to create return-to-school plan
- Community members rally in front of Peoria Police Department to support law enforcement
- Pekin High School to host graduation ceremony