SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 6,717 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus including 101 additional deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,024,039 cases, including 17,494 deaths.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 102,903 specimens for a total 14,025,514.
As of last night, 3,589 in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 742 patients were in the ICU and 393 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of the total test from Jan. 2–8 is 8.3%.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Jan. 2–8 is 9.3%.
- Peoria Public Schools welcomes back high school students for in-person learning
- Local health departments seeing major demand for COVID-19 vaccine
- Indoor dining is allowed, but owners say customers can expect some changes
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns