SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMB)D – The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 6,642 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus including 117 additional deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,040,168 cases, including 17,743 deaths.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 93,491 specimens for a total 14,263,477.
As of last night, 3,553 in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 757 patients were in the ICU and 409 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Jan. 5–11 is 7.5%.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Jan. 5–11 is 8.6%.
- Bradley Volleyball Tunes Up for Opener with Win Over UIS
- Connect Transit searching for new general manager, looks to hire by March
- Sen. Dick Durbin, lawmakers re-introduce Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act bill
- Liquor license fees waved for Washington bars and restaurants
- UnityPoint Health distributes over 500 vaccines on first-day of phase 1-B