SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WGN) — The Illinois Department of Public Health announced Friday 2,264 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state, including 25 additional confirmed deaths.
The deaths were reported in the following counties:
- Bureau County: 1 female 80s
- Cook County: 1 female 30s, 2 males 50s, 2 males 60s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- DeKalb County: 1 female 60s
- DuPage County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 90
- Iroquois County: 1 female 50s
- Madison County: 2 females 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- Morgan County: 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s
- Sangamon County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
- Will County: 1 female 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 202,691 cases, including 7,721 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Aug. 8 – Aug.14 is 4.1%.
As of Thursday night, 1,612 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 345 patients were in the ICU and 126 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- Illinois region to return to Phase 4; indoor dining, larger gatherings may resume with restrictions
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 1
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 2
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus