SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WGN) — The Illinois Department of Public Health announced 1,828 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state Saturday, including 5 additional deaths.
The deaths were reported in the following counties:
- Cook County: 1 male 80s
- DuPage County: 1 female 90s
- Iroquois County: 1 male 70s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 90s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 204,519 cases, including 7,726 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 44,414 specimens for a total of 3,329,762, the health department said.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Aug. 8 – Aug. 14 is 4.0%.
As of Friday night, 1,538 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 330 patients were in the ICU and 127 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- ISU beats Bradley in MVC Volleyball Opener
- Peoria Public Schools continue discussions on possible balanced calendar, majority of students return for in-person learning
- Loyola Rallies Past Bradley, 65-58
- State Representative Dan Brady has been reappointed deputy house minority leader
- Bloomington leaders vote to honor Indigenous People at a city level, and advocate for them at the state level