SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KTVI) — Illinois is reporting 4,000 new COVID-19 cases today as well as 46 additional deaths. That brings the total in the state to 382,985 cases, including 9,568 deaths.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity is 6.4%. Last Tuesday, the positivity rate was 5.5%.
As of Monday night, 2,758 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 595 patients were in the ICU and 241 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Earlier today, Gov. J.B. Pritzker tweeted about a national surge, calling out neighboring states like Missouri. He also mentioned two more regions triggered additional mitigations. One of those was Region 4 in the Metro East. The stricter guidelines go into effect Wednesday.
- ‘Not a pop-up’: 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- Starbucks offering free coffee to frontline workers through December
- LIVE: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Fed Chair Powell testify on COVID-19 relief needs
- CIProud Workday | 12/1/20
- Olympic rings back up in Tokyo Bay, serving as sign of hope amid pandemic