SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) reported 4,776 new confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 with 53 new deaths Monday afternoon.
- Cook County: 1 female 30s, 1 female 40s, 2 males 40s, 2 females 50s, 2 males 50s, 1 female 60s, 7 males 60s, 5 females 70s, 2 males 70s, 7 females 80s, 7 males 80s, 3 females 90s, 3 males 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Kane County: 1 female 80s
- Lake County: 1 male 80s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Livingston County: 1 male 40s
- McDonough County: 1 female 70s
- Will County: 1 male 60s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 70s
IDPH is currently reporting a total of 1,033,526 cases in 102 counties in the state, including 17,627 deaths. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Since Sunday afternoon, laboratories reported 66,697 specimens for a total of 14,169,986.
As of Sunday evening, 3,540 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 759 patients were in the ICU and 401 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of the total test from Jan. 4–10, 2021 is 7.6%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Jan. 4–10, 2021 is 8.9%.
- Indoor dining is allowed, but owners say customers can expect some changes
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas
- Peoria Police Chief retires Friday, reflects on time with department