SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) on Friday announced 595 new COVID-19 cases across the state, including 77 additional confirmed deaths.
Currently, the IDPH is reporting a total of 131,198 cases, including 6,260 deaths, across 101 counties in Illinois. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 24,774 performed tests, bringing the total to 1,147,101. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of a total test from June 5–June 11 is 4%.
Illinois has seen less than 1,000 reported daily cases since June 5.
Across the Tri-County region, there are 474 confirmed cases. The Peoria City/County Health Department has reported 19 deaths in the county related to the virus.
- Local winery crafts new wine to help animal shelters
- 2021 Bradley students graduate outside and in-person this weekend
- Peoria State Hospital Museum hosts 10th annual Bazaar
- Tazewell County Health Department hosts drive-thru vaccination clinics
- Child tax credits, jobless benefits and more: IRS highlights changes ahead of May 17 filing deadline