SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — The Illinois Department of Public Health announced 623 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday.
The latest numbers from the health department also include 72 additional deaths. This brings the statewide total to 133,639 and death count to 6,398.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 18,729 more tests for a total of 1,228,341. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from June 9–June 15 is 3%, according to the IDPH.
The state has not seen more than 1,000 reported coronavirus cases in a 24-hour period since June 5.
The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years, across 101 counties.
- Big 12 Tournament Finishes Friday
- Prep Sports Round-Up for April 21, 2021
- McLean County Health Department to hold evening and drive-through COVID-19 vaccine clinics
- Deirdre Purcell Collins Math Awards recognize seventh-grade girls’ excellence in the subject
- Illinois House Republicans call for changes to redistricting process