TAMPA (WFLA/CNN) – U.S. Senator Mitt Romney is proposing a temporary pay raise for essential workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Utah Republican calls it “Patriot Pay.”
it would be a bonus of $12 per hour in May, June, and July for a total of $1,920 per month.
The plan outlines that a quarter of the money would be paid by the employer and three quarters by the federal government using a refundable payroll tax credit.
Under Romney’s plan, eligible workers would include healthcare professionals, grocery store workers, and employees at food processing plants.
Senate Democrats also have plans to give essential workers hazard pay.
- Central Illinoisans pay close attention to presidential debate, candidates bump heads on stage
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Prep Sports Recap for Sept. 29, 2020
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- 18 year old man killed in semi crash in Woodford County