PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Three deaths were reported in Tazewell County Thursday as a result of the coronavirus. The death toll in the tri-county area has risen to 94.
All deaths were residents of long-term care facilities currently facing outbreaks. A white male in his 70s living at Timber Creek in Pekin, a white male in his 80s living at Villas of Holly Brook in Pekin and a white woman in her 80s living at Holly Brook in Pekin are all deceased.
Peoria County reported 28 additional cases for a total of 3,792 and 48 deaths. Tazewell County is now reporting 2,019 cases and 38 deaths and Woodford County 479 cases and eight deaths.
According to the health department, 85.6% of individuals have recovered, 12.5% are at home isolating and .5% are currently being hospitalized.
- Biden seeks GOP input, hopes to reach bipartisan agreement on infrastructure package
- Illinois National Guard deployed to Chicago to assist “as needed” ahead of verdict in Chauvin trial
- Accumulating snow and hard freeze headed for Central Illinois
- Attorney General Merrick Garland honors Oklahoma City bombing victims on 26th anniversary
- More than 3,000 feet of water main to be replaced in Farmington