PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Tuesday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update showed 58 new cases and an additional COVID-19-related death in Woodford County.
Chief Health Strategist Diana Scott said the victim was a man in his 50s. She said he was not a resident of a long term care facility.
Peoria County reported 33 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 2,224 with 36 deaths. In Tazewell County, there are 22 new cases for a total of 981 with nine deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported three new cases and one new death, bringing the county’s total cases to 250 with four deaths.
Collectively, the Tri-County health departments reported a total of 3,455 cases with 49 deaths.
The Tri-Counties are reporting that 64% have recovered. 32.8% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 1.8%.
- McLean County colleges, universities start voting competition
- Salvation Army Tree of Lights Campaign kicking off early this year
- YMCA, OSF and Easterseals team up to create new facility; Construction begins next week
- Normal woman faces 30 years for setting a home on fire; Two kids were inside
- Drive-thru voter registration events at Peoria high schools, Peoria Resource Center