PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 107 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Wednesday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 54 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 3,312 with 44 deaths. In Tazewell County, there is 49 new case for a total of 1,664 with 23 deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported four new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 408 with six deaths.
The additional death was a Peoria County man in his 70s. The man was not a resident of a long-term care facility.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 5,384 cases with 73 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 81.5% have recovered. 16.3% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 0.8%.
- Bradley, ISU Fall in Valley Play
- Peoria Public Works crews prepare, snow trucks ready for winter weather
- Peoria Grown opens Market 309, increasing access to affordable fresh produce
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- Bradley University looking to help local small business owners through workshop