PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 108 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Thursday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 43 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 2,059 with 36 deaths. In Tazewell County, there are 55 new cases for a total of 855 with nine deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported 10 new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 219 with three deaths.
The additional death was an 80-year-old man from Peoria County. He was a resident of a long term care facility.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 3,133 cases with 48 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 66.9% have recovered. 30% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 1.6%.
- Area Wrestlers Bring Home ‘Unofficial’ Class 1A State Championships Thursday
- Facet Technologies sets up new headquarters in Peoria’s Fourth District
- Open for Business: ‘The Baking Baer’ food truck makes community debut
- Rain creates a potential for flooding; how highway departments prepare and ways to protect your home
- Florida pastor and son arrested for storming U.S. Capitol