PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 108 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Thursday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 43 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 2,059 with 36 deaths. In Tazewell County, there are 55 new cases for a total of 855 with nine deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported 10 new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 219 with three deaths.
The additional death was an 80-year-old man from Peoria County. He was a resident of a long term care facility.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 3,133 cases with 48 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 66.9% have recovered. 30% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 1.6%.
- Fire crews respond to hazmat spill in Chillicothe
- Bradley’s Late Heroics Fall Short, Xavier Tops Braves 51-50
- Illinois Wins Second Straight To Open Season
- Peoria’s South Side Mission still feeds thousands on Thanksgiving under new regulations
- With recommendations to not travel this holiday season, Wildlife Prairie Park offers families the chance to spend this Thanksgiving outside, and closer to home