PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 175 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Monday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 103 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 3,731 with 48 deaths. In Tazewell County, there are 58 new cases for a total of 1,933 with 33 deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported 14 new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 469 with eight deaths.
The two additional deaths were an 80-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman from Tazewell County. Both deaths were related to outbreaks in long term care facilities.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 6,133 cases with 89 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 81.4% have recovered. 16.7% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 0.4%.
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- DeAndre Houston-Carson is helping the Bears’ defense close games in 2020
- Regional Cross Country Roundup
- Girls Swimming & Diving Sectional Recap
- Non-profit encourages reading for Peoria Public School students