PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The Tri-County COVID-19 update reported 192 new and probable cases in the area Wednesday.
Peoria County reported 98 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 14,523 with 210 deaths. In Tazewell County, there are 77 new cases for a total of 11,665 with 200 deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported 17 new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 3,171 with 56 deaths.
Local health departments reported the death of an 80-year-old Peoria County woman who had comorbidities. The death was not associated with a long-term care facility.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 29,359 cases with 466 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states 89% have recovered and 9% are self-isolating at home. The hospitalization rate is 0.20%.
- Bradley Volleyball Tunes Up for Opener with Win Over UIS
- Connect Transit searching for new general manager, looks to hire by March
- Sen. Dick Durbin, lawmakers re-introduce Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act bill
- Liquor license fees waved for Washington bars and restaurants
- UnityPoint Health distributes over 500 vaccines on first-day of phase 1-B