PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 45 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Wednesday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 14 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 3,764 with 48 deaths. In Tazewell County, there are 30 new cases for a total of 1,988 with 35 deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported five new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 475 with eight deaths.
Tazewell County health department is reporting that two women in their 80s have died. One was related to the outbreak at a long term care facility in Pekin.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 6,227 cases with 91 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 82.8% have recovered. 15.3% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 0.4%.
- Teenager stabbed in Pekin
- Local election officials assure the public ballots are safe from foreign interference
- Dream center to offer mobile showers to the Peoria homeless community
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Current Peoria mayoral race entirely made up of diverse candidates