PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 61 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Thursday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 40 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 3,092 with 43 deaths. In Tazewell County, there is 13 new case for a total of 1,488 with 16 deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported eight new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 383 with six deaths.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 4,963 cases with 65 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 78.1% have recovered. 19.7% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 0.9%.
- Teenager stabbed in Pekin
- Local election officials assure the public ballots are safe from foreign interference
- Dream center to offer mobile showers to the Peoria homeless community
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Current Peoria mayoral race entirely made up of diverse candidates