PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 70 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Friday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 32 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 2,091 with 36 deaths. In Tazewell County, there are 28 new cases for a total of 883 with nine deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported 10 new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 229 with three deaths.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 3,203 cases with 48 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 66.6% have recovered. 30.4% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 1.6%.
- Peoria Historical Society getting people in mood for Halloween
- Tazewell County sees over 13,000 early voters, shattering previous record
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Bloomington Council may make Juneteenth a city holiday; will discuss creating Public Arts Commission
- Peoria County leaders want to address what they call systematic racism in the community