PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 75 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Thursday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 46 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 3,358 with 44 deaths. In Tazewell County, there is 22 new case for a total of 1,686 with 24 deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported seven new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 415 with six deaths.
The additional death was a Tazewell County woman in her 70s. The woman was not a resident of a long-term care facility.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 5,459 cases with 74 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 81.4% have recovered. 16.6% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 0.7%.
- Teenager stabbed in Pekin
- Local election officials assure the public ballots are safe from foreign interference
- Dream center to offer mobile showers to the Peoria homeless community
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Current Peoria mayoral race entirely made up of diverse candidates