PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 83 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Friday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 53 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 3,411 with 44 deaths. In Tazewell County, there is 18 new case for a total of 1,704 with 24 deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported 12 new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 427 with six deaths.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 5,542 cases with 74 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 81.4% have recovered. 16.6% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 0.6%.
- Teenager stabbed in Pekin
- Local election officials assure the public ballots are safe from foreign interference
- Dream center to offer mobile showers to the Peoria homeless community
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Current Peoria mayoral race entirely made up of diverse candidates