SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 797 more COVID-19 cases around the state, marking the fourth day in a row there have been less than 1,000 reported cases.
There are now 129,212 reported coronavirus cases in Illinois. Additionally, 95 more deaths have been confirmed, bringing the statewide total to 6,018. Approximately 20,309 tests were performed on Monday. With 797 confirmed cases, the positivity rate for COVID-19 is at roughly 3%.
In total, 1,079,182 tests have been performed for the virus. The recovery rate remains at 92%, according to the IDPH.
Locally, Peoria County has seen a 61% recovery rate. There have been 16 deaths reported from the virus.
- Celebrate the Red, White and Blue event; Rep. Darin LaHood makes appearance
- Three years after disappearance, Alexis Scott’s family still searching for answers
- Peoria Art Guild Fine Art Fair continues online
- Hundreds say goodbye to Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017